The TerraSwarm Research Center
The TerraSwarm Research Center, launched on January 15, 2013,
is addressing the huge potential (and associated risks) of pervasive
integration of smart, networked sensors and actuators into our connected world.
The center is funded by the STARnet phase of the Focus Center Research Program (FCRP)
administered by the Semiconductor Research Corporation (SRC).
Funding comes from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and
the SRC industry partners, including Applied Materials, GLOBALFOUNDRIES, IBM, Intel Corporation, Micron Technology, Raytheon, Texas Instruments, and United Technologies.
(See About the Center.)
- October 29 & 30, 2014: TerraSwarm Annual Meeting (Berkeley)
- Theme Leaders: Read ahead material due Monday, October 13 AoE (AoE) (Anywhere on Earth), please email your materials to Christopher Brooks.
- Theme Leaders: Agendas for the second day break out sessions are due Monday, October 13 AoE (AoE). See the meeting wiki
- Poster Presenters: Please register
your poster or demo by Thursday, October 16 (AoE).
Please upload your poster to the TerraSwarm and SRC sites before the meeting.
The posters themselves are due the day of the poster session. See the Poster and Presenter Instructions for details.
- All: register by Thursday, October 23 (AoE).
- Poster Presentations: Please email your 90 second poster presentation to Christopher Brooks by Monday, October 27, 6am Pacific. See the Poster and Presenter Instructions for details.
- Monday, February 17, 2014 (AoE): Theme Leader for the Quarterly Report is due
- Monday, February 10, 2014 (AoE): PI input for the Quarterly Report is due
- Thursdays, 12:30-2 (Pacific): Seminar Series, 490 Cory Hall, co-sponsored with the Ubiquitous SwarmLab.
- Fridays, 11am-12noon (Pacific): We hold theme-specific teleconferences on the first four Fridays of the month.
News and Events
- Thursday, February 13, 2014: TerraSwarm Lunch and Poster Session at the Berkeley EECS Annual Research Symposium (BEARS)
- November 5 & 6, 2013: TerraSwarm Annual Meeting
- September 29, 2013: First International Workshop on the Swarm at the Edge of the Cloud, Montreal, Canada occurred. The presentations are available.
- Monday, August 26: First International Workshop on the Swarm at the Edge of the Cloud agenda was announced.
- Friday, August 2, 5pm PDT: First International Workshop on the Swarm at the Edge of the Cloud CFP were Due.
- June 7, 2013: Network World article: "Futuristic UC Berkeley operating system uniquely controls discrete 'manycore' resources."
- May 20, 2013: TerraSwarm co-hosted the first IEEE Workshop on Modeling and Simulation of Cyber-Physical Energy Systems
- April 29, 2013: Graph Lab Tutorial
- April 24, 2013: Sensor Andrew tutorial
- March 27, April 2 & 4, 2013: Ptolemy Tutorials
- January 17, 2013: Press release announcing the TerraSwarm Research Center
- January 17, 2013: Press release announcing the STARnet program from SRC and DARPA
- January 29, 2013: TerraSwarm Kickoff, Berkeley
- Prospective Postdocs: please apply for a TerraSwarm Post-Doctoral position.
- Annual and Quarterly reports
- "The TerraSwarm Research Center (TSRC) (A White Paper)," Edward A. Lee, John D. Kubiatowicz, Jan M. Rabaey, Alberto L. Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, Sanjit A. Seshia, John Wawrzynek, David Blaauw, Prabal Dutta, Kevin Fu, Carlos Guestrin, Roozbeh Jafari, Doug Jones, Vijay Kumar, Richard Murray, George Pappas, Anthony Rowe, Carl M. Sechen, Tajana Simunic Rosing, Ben Taskar and David Wessel, EECS Department, University of California, Berkeley, Technical Report No. UCB/EECS-2012-207, November 2, 2012.
- Edward A. Lee. The TerraSwarm Research Center (TSRC), November 1, 2012; Presented at the SwarmLab Seminar, UC Berkeley. (Video).
- The center consists of a number of workgroups, see the Project page for details. Below are the primary workgroups:
For further inquiries, contact Christopher Brooks .