The TerraSwarm Research Center
The TerraSwarm Research Center, launched on January 15, 2013,
is addressing the huge potential (and associated risks) of pervasive
integration of smart, networked sensors and actuators into our connected world.
The center is funded by the STARnet phase of the Focus Center Research Program (FCRP)
administered by the Semiconductor Research Corporation (SRC).
Funding comes from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and
the SRC industry partners, including Applied Materials, GLOBALFOUNDRIES, IBM, Intel Corporation, Micron Technology, Raytheon, Texas Instruments, and United Technologies.
(See About the Center and News.)
- October 29 & 30, 2014: TerraSwarm Annual Meeting (Berkeley)
- Theme Leaders: Read ahead material due Monday, October 13 AoE (AoE) (Anywhere on Earth), please email your materials to Christopher Brooks.
- Theme Leaders: Agendas for the second day break out sessions are due Monday, October 13 AoE (AoE). See the meeting wiki
- Poster Presenters: Please register
your poster or demo by Thursday, October 16 (AoE).
Please upload your poster to the TerraSwarm and SRC sites before the meeting.
The posters themselves are due the day of the poster session. See the Poster and Presenter Instructions for details.
- All: register by Thursday, October 23 (AoE).
- Poster Presentations: Each theme will manage the poster presentations as they see fit. See the Poster and Presenter Instructions for details.
- September 16-17, 2014: 2014 Security and Privacy Workshop, Rochester, NY.
- September 15, 2014: 2014 Machine Learning Hands-On Workshop, Rochester, NY.
- Thursdays, 12:30-2 (Pacific): Seminar Series, 490 Cory Hall, co-sponsored with the Ubiquitous SwarmLab.
- Fridays, 11am-12noon (Pacific): We hold theme-specific teleconferences on the first four Fridays of the month.
News and Events
- Ongoing: News items about TerraSwarm Researchers from the media as reported in the TerraSwarm Blog.
- June 25, 2014: New 3-Minute Video about the CITRIS Invention Lab.
- May 29, 2014: SwarmOS Workshop, Berkeley.
- May 16, 2014: Localization Workshop, University of Michigan
- February 13, 2014: TerraSwarm Lunch and Poster Session at the Berkeley EECS Annual Research Symposium (BEARS)
- November 5 & 6, 2013: TerraSwarm Annual Meeting
- September 29, 2013: First International Workshop on the Swarm at the Edge of the Cloud, Montreal, Canada. The presentations are available.
- June 7, 2013: Network World article: "Futuristic UC Berkeley operating system uniquely controls discrete 'manycore' resources."
- May 20, 2013: TerraSwarm co-hosted the first IEEE Workshop on Modeling and Simulation of Cyber-Physical Energy Systems
- April 29, 2013: Graph Lab Tutorial
- April 24, 2013: Sensor Andrew tutorial
- March 27, April 2 & 4, 2013: Ptolemy Tutorials
- January 17, 2013: Press release announcing the TerraSwarm Research Center
- January 17, 2013: Press release announcing the STARnet program from SRC and DARPA
- January 29, 2013: TerraSwarm Kickoff, Berkeley
- TerraSwarm is seeking Postdocs, to apply see the postdoc application.
- Annual and Quarterly reports
- "The Swarm at the Edge of the Cloud", Edward A. Lee, Jan Rabaey, David Blaauw, Prabal Dutta, Kevin Fu, Carlos Guestrin, Bjoern Hartmann, Roozbeh Jafari, Douglas L. Jones, John D. Kubiatowicz, Vijay Kumar, Rahul Mangharam, Brian T. Murray, George Pappas, Kris Pister, Anthony Rowe, Alberto Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, Sanjit A. Seshia, Tajana Simunic Rosing, Ben Taskar, John Wawrzynek, David Wessel. IEEE Design and Test of Computers on Cloud Computing for Embedded Systems, 2014.
- "The TerraSwarm Research Center (TSRC) (A White Paper)," Edward A. Lee, John D. Kubiatowicz, Jan M. Rabaey, Alberto L. Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, Sanjit A. Seshia, John Wawrzynek, David Blaauw, Prabal Dutta, Kevin Fu, Carlos Guestrin, Roozbeh Jafari, Doug Jones, Vijay Kumar, Richard Murray, George Pappas, Anthony Rowe, Carl M. Sechen, Tajana Simunic Rosing, Ben Taskar and David Wessel, EECS Department, University of California, Berkeley, Technical Report No. UCB/EECS-2012-207, November 2, 2012.
- Edward A. Lee. The TerraSwarm Research Center (TSRC), November 1, 2012; Presented at the SwarmLab Seminar, UC Berkeley. (Video).
- Quad Chart: TerraSwarm Analytical Framework
- The center consists of a number of workgroups, see the Project page for details. Below are the primary workgroups:
For further inquiries, contact Christopher Brooks .